Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Verdict's In...It's just...ok

After a long time of no movie review, I'm back. Sorry for the delay, but I will be sure to have my movie watching eyes on and my review fingers ready from now on.

Saturday night, I snuggled in with sushi from Harris Teeter and a movie from the Red Box. With nothing out I really wanted to see, I decided on Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (which is apparently a remake of a 1956 flick), mainly because it had Michael Douglas in it and I figured, "Hey, how bad can it be?"

Sushi eaten, blanket on and movie in. Twenty minutes later, I was asleep.

So, Sunday morning I try again with success. Now, the movie is not bad. It's your typical, not too dramatic, but thriller nonetheless, with the obvious twist you see coming, followed by the twist you don't see coming until you see it and then you kinda knew it was coming. The main character is good looking which helps...a lot. The main girl character is not so terrible, although a little too know it all for me. And, Michael Douglas, I figure took the role because he figured he could do a new movie, get a paycheck and only learn about 6 lines.

It's about legal matters, which I like. The loop holes of the judicial system, wrapped in legal corruption. You root for the main guy. But again, it's all a little too predictable. But, for a rainy Sunday afternoon or mindless weekend night, it's worth watching.

Yahoo! users give it a C+
. I tend to agree. It ain't bad, but it ain't good either.

Two pops, with a Kit Kat.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!
    Another good review, and i would not normally watch a movie that someone fell asleep to,its a bad sign, but its 2 pops with a KIT KAT!!
    I love kit kat its my guilty pleasure. So im going to rent this flick and eat a kit kat while watching it, today. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete