Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Snowing!!

I was born, raised and live in the South. That being said, we don't see much snow. A few bits of ice here and there, but the snow part is left for those more deserving folks in other parts of the country I guess. I know when you see it all the time it's a nuissance, but to me it is better than Christmas. I know when Christmas is coming, and going, but the snow...I just never know. It makes it so special to me. I love everything about it. The way the sun hits it making it sparkle, the way it looks like a nice soft blanket, the way it makes people just giggle for no reason whatsoever. The way my cat longs to be in it, but absolutely hates having it touch his feet. The excuse to drink hot chocolate all day an that's ok becuase "it's snowing outside." The way it sits on little tree branches like a little pouch. The way it reminds me of making snow cream as a kid, even thought I have no idea how to make it and don't really think I like it. How any picture with snwo in it seems to be a good idea and finally getting to use my snow setting. (I'm surprised it still works) And, the way the weather people are generally almost always wrong about the snow prediction.

So, it is snowing here in the South! Well, right now it's actually freezing rain, but it did snow and they are saying more later. Right now, I guess we have about 3-4 inches. Enough clean snow on top for snow cream. :) I've also taken about 15 pointless pictures already. Matty is at the store now getting supplies for snow cream (he actually went for something that had a purpose, but what better opportunity for me to request Vanilla and cream for an afternoon treaty treat!).

YAY! SNOW!!

Snow Cream Recipe (from All Recipes)
Ingredients
1 gallon snow
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
Directions
When it starts to snow, place a large, clean bowl outside to collect the flakes. When full, stir in sugar and vanilla to taste, then stir in just enough milk for the desired consistency. Serve at once.

1 comment:

  1. Boo!! Matthew forgot the stuff so no snow cream for me. Sad. :(

    ReplyDelete