Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Guess who's back...back again...

Well, with the loss of my full time paying gig (otherwise known as my job) and my now pursuit and becoming the next entertainment blogger for all the world to read and revel, I am back to Annabelle's Angle. Much has happened since my last appearance: Tiger has had indiscretions, Pants on The Ground has become the latest song craze and Brittany Murphy has passed away. Jon and Kate have finally divorced sending Kate to get hair extensions and Jon to do whatever it is he believes he is doing. Avatar has been released causing rightminded adults (or so we would believe) to say the movie is 1) sending people into depressive states causing near suicide attempts 2) racists against anyone that is not white (the people were blue, right?) 3) antiregilious. All in all, a lot has happened and I have to catch up.

My latest craze...The Biggest Loser. I love the show from start to finish. It is inspiring, heart-wrenching (but in a good way), gives fitness tips to those of us not destined for the Ranch, but still needing to lose those few pieces of cheesecake from Christmas and just plain entertaining. Every season I am amazed at how dedicated these people are to changing their lives, and it always inspires me to put the Southwest Ranch dip back in the fridge and reach for some carrots (at least on Tuesdays from 8:00-10:00 pm EST).

This season I have not yet picked my favorite team, but let's discuss for a moment, the worst team, at least in my opinion. Red. They are awful. Not only is the female team member not really all that big, BUT she has thrown two weigh-ins in an attempt to keep her team on the show. And, then, to top it off, lies to Jillian and Bob about it. First off, we all know you did it. It is mathematical in how you consume and lose calories. But secondly, who lies to Jillian. The way she leaps on those machines and yells at contestants...I would certainly not stand there and lie to her. After last night's episode, and crossing my fingers hoping this would be the week her only -1 would send her home, we learned they are here to stay for yet another week. And, what's more, during previews, we see that she is set to drop her weight from 214 to 186. That's a crap load of weight. Assuming I saw those numbers correctly, that is 28 pounds or 13% body weight. That clearly means we'll be seeing Red in the weeks to come. But, despite my feelings for the Red team, what I find most upsetting is that they are taking the spot of a team either on the show or at home who really wants to be there. Two people who more than anything want to change their lives, losing the weight they need to be healthy. The show is not about winning money, but about changing lives. So, Red Lady, stop throwing the weigh ins. If you want to win the show, then do it the right way and eat right, work hard and drop the pounds EVERY week like everyone else there.

May we all here in the new year as we watch The Biggest Loser contestants work so hard to achieve their goals, achieve our own weight loss goals. Yes, that means you have to put down the ice cream and reach for some fruit.

With carbs in tow (unfortunatley I am toting them in my thighs) it is off to the workout garage I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment