Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ice is back with my brand new invention ...

That's right. Ice is back, with a brand new invention. This time with twins John and Edward, more commonly known as Jedward. The duo rose to fame on the sixth edition of "The X Factor"," a British television singing competition contested by aspiring singers drawn from public auditions. Their first single, "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)" features a mumbo jumbo mash up of the hit songs by Queen ("Under Pressure") and the man himself, Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby." The single, amazing as it is, released on January 31, 2010 so there's still time for YOU to be one the first to buy.

The video features the legend himself, rapping like the old days asking us to stop, collaborate and listen. While we're on the topic, I still do love Vanilla Ice. Watching him rap and hearing his lyrical genius, it had me dancing right here in the office. I especially loved the throwback hammer pants in the video and the reminder that Ice wants a car "so his hair can blow." I miss Ice.


After watching the new video single, I have no doubt it will be a success. People, as are drawn to car wrecks and natural disasters, won't be able to turn away from this. It's so undescribably weird with no talent whatsoever (except Vanilla) people will eat this up with a spoon. It truly has fame written all over it for these two. Not only do they have public, show appeal from their stent on "The X Factor," but the video itself is a recipe for fame. I don't know how long the fame will last, mind you, but fame is a -coming.

I have to ask, though, why is it as a society we are drawn to watch entertainment with no talent while there are very talented artists out there? Why is it we like the William Hung's and "Pants on da ground?" I don't know really, but that is a phenom in itself to me.

Don't be one of the only ones not to see the new hit single from the newly-famous Irish singing twins. 45,334 people have already seen this amazingly entertaining and terrible video.




4 comments:

  1. In college, I created a website for fans of Vanilla Ice, so you can imagine how much all of this thrills me. Thanks for the great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice was the man he supposedly still does shows and stuff he just doesnt do his ol junk he is trying to get away from it into some hardcore rock and rap. I love mashups and those two songs work really well toghther but I am not to sure about these guys I need to see more from them. do they just do covers and mashups or do they have their own songs? anywho great mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this update this morning on a sports site. Apparently he performed at a Toronto Raptors (NBA) game at halftime last night. And it wasn't marketed or anything. Check it...

    http://deadspin.com/5464563/more-vanilla-ice-with-my-nba-please-a-canadians-perspective

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he finally realizes Ice Ice Baby is maybe his only way back to mainstream. When he was Surreal Life he refused to ever play, sing, rap or whatever he does to Ice Ice Baby. I still like him, although I definitly prefer him to go by Vanilla Ice than Rob Van Winkle. I don't care if it's his name or not.

    ReplyDelete